Venture into Seed Investing
Looking for our fourth Venture Fellow
September 18, 2020
UPDATE on October 5th: We will consider remote candidates as we look to cope with COVID-19, attract brilliant candidates, and act as a bridge to VC and startups for diverse candidates.
UPDATE on October 21st: We will extend the application period to 11/15 at 11:59 PM PT.
For the last 18 months, we've run our Venture Fellow program to provide recent graduates of undergraduate programs a hands-on experience in venture capital and startups. Our Venture Fellows are a key member of our team and get exposure to all aspects of running a venture firm: sourcing, diligence, post-investment support, and investor relations.
The fourth Venture Fellow will have the benefit of an ever-improving program that now also includes mentor sessions with some of our closest co-investors. As the program progresses, the Dynamo team will work with the Fellow to provide guidance and introductions for the next step of their career whether it's a role in startups, venture capital, or further studies.
We value diversity and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and tracking investment opportunities
- Collaborate on investment diligence
- Researching opportunity areas within our industry
- Assisting with post-investment portfolio support
- Managing our marketing efforts
- Helping refine and improve existing processes
- Overseeing basic office activities
- Leading the charge on events and special projects
- Liaising with Dynamo’s network of corporate relationships
- Supporting Partners with LP relations
- Having fun!
- Ability to handle high-ambiguity environments
- Fast BUT not hurried
- Considered to be detail-oriented
- Passion for startups and venture capital
- Outcomes and execution-oriented
- Have strong commercial and common sense
- Team player with zero ego
- Has a “growth mindset” and able to take constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to figure anything out
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program OR graduated in the last 12 months
How to Apply
Please send us a PDF answering the following questions to email@example.com by 10/31 at 11:59 PM PT.
Subject: Venture Fellow January 2021 + your name
- LinkedIn profile
- 1 paragraph outlining your personal story and why you are the best candidate for this role
- 1 paragraph teaching us something (it can be anything)
- 1 paragraph describing a time when you had to deal with high levels of ambiguity
- List 3 pre-seed or seed-stage startups you love and why
Note: This is a paid opportunity that will begin in January (training to begin remotely during the last week of December).