Join Dynamo Ventures' Fellowship Program
A six-month, paid opportunity in VC and startups
We're looking for our next Venture Fellows who will join us starting January 2022 for a six month period. Our Venture Fellowship is geared towards those who are no more than a year out of an undergraduate program and looking to break into the world of venture capital and startups in a "learn by doing" environment. Our Venture Fellows are a key member of our team and get exposure to all aspects of running a venture firm: sourcing, diligence, post-investment support, and investor relations.
“Being a Venture Fellow at Dynamo gives you the opportunity to think critically about large issues, while meeting amazing founders taking on these enormous tasks”
- Skyler Loogman, Current Fellow, Dynamo Ventures
Our Venture Fellows have a rich experience and have gone on to roles in our portfolio, founding business, joining other VCs, and even running mainstream podcasts!
“As a Venture Fellow, I was provided with hands-on venture capital experience and mentorship that spanned much further than my time at Dynamo. The experience helped me understand the startup landscape at a deeper level, allowing me to find my place in the community now running social media for Jason Calacanis’ This Week in Startups.”
- Rachel Braun, This Week in Startups
We value diversity and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and fields of study.
This is a full-time commitment. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and tracking investment opportunities
- Collaborate on investment diligence
- Researching opportunity areas within our industry
- Assisting with post-investment portfolio support
- Managing our marketing efforts
- Helping refine and improve existing processes
- Overseeing basic office activities
- Leading the charge on events and special projects
- Liaising with Dynamo’s network of corporate relationships
- Supporting Partners with LP relations
- Having fun!
- Ability to handle high-ambiguity environments
- Fast BUT not hurried
- Considered to be detail-oriented
- Passion for startups and venture capital
- Outcomes and execution-oriented
- Have strong commercial and common sense
- Team player with zero ego
- Has a “growth mindset” and able to take constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to figure anything out
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program OR graduated in the last 12 months
How To Apply
Please send us a PDF answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com by 11/15 at 11:59 PM PT.
Subject: Venture Fellow January 2022 + your name
- LinkedIn profile
- 1 paragraph outlining your personal story and why you are the best candidate for this role
- 1 paragraph teaching us something (it can be anything)
- 1 paragraph describing a time when you had to deal with high levels of ambiguity
Note: This is a paid opportunity that will begin in January (training to begin remotely in mid December).
September 21, 2021