Be Our Next Venture Fellow
Join us in January to learn how venture capital and startups work
November 1, 2019
Here at Dynamo, we’re as busy as we’ve ever been and are excited to announce the search for our next Venture Fellow. We understand that getting exposure to venture capital is highly sought after but difficult to practically get. We created the six-month Venture Fellow program to offer an opportunity to develop hands-on experience where one can learn how venture capital and startups work in an apprenticeship model. The individual will join a nimble team of operators and investors and have a rare opportunity to learn the inner workings of a venture fund. At the conclusion of the program, we will work with the Fellow to help them identify and achieve the next step in their career.
Think it’s too good to be true? Ask our current Fellow Matt McHugh who will provide training and support to the incoming candidate and transition into his next role.
We’re excited to meet candidates and encourage all interested parties to apply!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and tracking investment opportunities
- Collaborate on investment diligence with Partners
- Researching opportunity areas within our industry
- Assisting with post-investment portfolio support
- Managing our marketing efforts
- Overseeing basic office activities
- Leading the charge on our annual events: Founders Camp and Portfolio Day
- Liaising with Dynamo’s network of corporate relationships
- Supporting Partners with LP relations
- Having fun!
- Fast AND detail-oriented
- Passion for startups and venture capital
- Outcomes and execution-oriented
- Have strong commercial and common sense
- Team player with zero ego
- Has a “growth mindset” and able to take constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to figure anything out
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program OR graduated in the last 12 months
How to Apply
Please send us a PDF answering the following questions to email@example.com by 12/1 at 11:59 PM PT.
Subject: Venture Fellow January 2020 + your name
- LinkedIn profile
- 1 paragraph outlining your personal story and why you are the best candidate for this role
- 1 paragraph on why you want to work in venture capital and Dynamo Ventures
- 1 paragraph describing a time when you had to deal with failure
- List 3 pre-seed or seed-stage startups you love and why
Note: This is a paid opportunity that will begin in January in Chattanooga, TN.