On this week’s episode of The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh talks with Abe Eshkenazi, CEO for the Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM). ASCM is the largest non-profit association for supply chain professionals with 45,000 members in 40 countries with 300 partners across the globe. Together they discuss how the supply chain can make the world a better place.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- An overview of ASCM, its work with individuals and organizations (1:06)
- Technology’s impact on the supply chain in the near future (7:36)
- Competencies incoming professionals need to develop and the skill gaps that exist (11:40)
- Long-term benefit of professional development for company and employee (15:23)
- Upscaling warehouse workers (21:04)
- Compelling reasons for someone to consider a career in the supply chain (24:48)
ASCM is an unbiased partner, connecting companies around the world to the newest thought leadership on all aspects of supply chain. ASCM is driving innovation in the industry with new products, services and partnerships that enable companies to further optimize their supply chains, secure their competitive advantage and positively impact their bottom lines. Find out more at https://www.ascm.org/about-ascm/
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.