This week on The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh is joined once again by Peter Tirschwell and Eric Johnson from IHS Markit and its Journal of Commerce (JOC). Eric, the JOC’s senior editor for technology, is making his third appearance as a guest of the program. Peter, the vice president for maritime and trade business at IHS Markit, who is responsible for all content appearing in JOC publications, websites, events and other products, appeared on episode 67 alongside Eric.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Peter’s background in journalism (1:22)
- Eric’s focus on technology (2:28)
- Extreme increases in freight benchmarks and decreases in service (4:30)
- Frustrations in container shipping detention (11:10)
- Slowdown in circulation of assets (13:25)
- E-commerce boom’s impact on distribution centers and more (19:28)
- When this boom will peak (23:00)
- Demand for visibility tools (25:56)
- International Longshoremen's and Warehousemen's Union negotiations and automation (32:20)
IHS Markit positions itself as the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on IHS Markit to address strategic and operational challenges. Find out more at ihsmarkit.com/about
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.