This week on The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh discusses the landscape of corporate venture investment with Maersk Growth partner Jeppe Hoier.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Jeppe’s background (1:22)
- Overview of Maersk Growth and its dedicated investment and portfolio management teams (2:51)
- Making investments that are future-minded (5:46)
- Having a steady, long-term commitment (8:18)
- Exciting supply chain opportunities (11:55)
- Exposing an old industry to new technology (14:35)
- Challenges with getting to prime market fit (17:29)
- The next big disruptors and investment opportunities in the supply chain (21:01)
- Rapid-fire topics: congestion, Uber Freight, digitization in freight forwarding (24:58)
Maersk Growth is the corporate venture arm of A.P. Moller-Maersk that looks to accelerate the future of trade. Find out more at https://www.maersk.com/growth
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.