On this week’s episode of The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh is joined by Dean Tomazic, EVP and CTO of FEV to discuss the role that alternative fuels can shape the future of logistics. FEV (Forschungsgesellschaft für Energietechnik und Verbrennungsmotoren) is an engineering service provider in the mobility and energy management domain with 6,700 employees globally. FEV seeks solutions to the future challenges within the global transportation industry and among other things, focuses on the advancement of electronic control systems, connected vehicles, and automation.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Background on FEV as a company and Dean’s role (1:07)
- State of alternative energy drive systems starting with hybrid vehicles (5:38)
- Electric Trucks (9:00)
- Utilizing hydrogen (10:58)
- Use case of battery electric vehicles in logistics (17:12)
- Technical breakthroughs needed (21:47)
- Dealing with the impact of regulation (24:32)
- Evolutionary progress and predictions for 2021 (26:30)
FEV is an internationally recognized leader in the design and development of internal combustion engines, conventional, electric, and alternative vehicle drive systems, energy technology, and a major supplier of advanced testing and instrumentation products and services to some of the world's largest OEMs. Find out more about FEV at https://www.fev.com/en/who-we-are/company-history.html
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.