Santosh is joined by David Boardman, co-founder and CEO of Stockpile Reports for this week’s episode. Founded in 2012, Stockpile Reports set out to deploy an easy to use, timely, and cost-effective inventory management platform. Using advanced image processing and computer vision, Stockpile Reports creates a system of record for bulk assets with automated, real-time volumetric results.
Highlights from their conversation included:
- Using advanced image processing to help bulk materials companies eliminate that year-end surprise (1:14)
- How bulk materials companies used to assess their inventory (5:53)
- Interpreting pixels captured by smartphones, drones and more for attributes of a stockpile (9:38)
- Sample use cases for image acquisition and data integration (13:00)
- Attitude shifts in inventory management in 2020 (17:37)
- Offering a bundled option compared to a white label option (19:35)
- Focusing on a problem to solve and partnering to provide a complete solution (23:23)
- Projecting the future of Stockpile Reports (25:22)
Stockpile Reports enables companies to become the market leaders by solving their most difficult inventory, operations, and financial problems with their Every Pile, Any Time™ mindset. Turn your biggest headache into an asset you can leverage to create competitive advantage through material visibility across your enterprise supply chains. Find out more at stockpilereports.com/about-us/
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.