In this episode, Santosh is joined by Julian Counihan, General Partner at Schematic Ventures. Julian started a career in technology as a software developer for warehouse control and automation systems and since then staked a flag in investing in the supply chain sector.
Santosh and Julian discussion covered supply chain start-ups, e-commerce, warehouse automation, the coolest robots and more. Highlights in the conversation include:
- Getting to know Julian’s background in seed investing and the supply chain (1:17)
- Discussing the current state of warehouse robotics and industrial automation (7:33)
- The excitement and challenges of rail automation (20:55)
- Start-ups and avoiding pitfalls with long-sale cycles (23:35)
- Offering contrarian takes on robotics and investing (33:56)
- Picking our favorite robots (38:24)
Schematic Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund located in San Francisco. The fund is focused on investments in technology companies within supply chain, manufacturing, commerce infrastructure & digital industrial sectors. Find out more at schematicventures.com
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.