In this episode, Santosh is joined by Drew McElroy, Co-founder and Chairman of Transfix. Santosh and Drew’s discussion revolves around the Transfix story and harmonizing physical and digital operations. The conversation included:
- Transfix’s origin story (1:35)
- Applying software to create a competitive advantage and drive people toward the future (5:05)
- With every segment of the supply chain being digitized, where is the digitalization really accelerating? (9:10)
- Learning to harmonize the digital and the physical to become a world-class 3PL (14:14)
- Addressing criticism of margins in digital freight brokerage and driving value (18:30)
- Full truckload vs. less than truckload and using AI to solve problems (28:05)
- Challenges of going from a start up to a scale up and evolving as a co-founder and CEO (38:41)
Drew McElroy co-founded Transfix in 2013 with the goal of creating a simpler, smarter and more sustainable freight ecosystem. Learn more about Transfix at transfix.io.
About The Future of Supply Chain:
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together.