During this episode, Santosh is joined by David Akinin, Founder and CEO at Jabu. Jabu is a B2B Marketplace that helps establish a digital link between small retailers and suppliers. Santosh and David discuss economic mobility, physical infrastructure, and more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Overview of Jabu (1:14)
- David’s background (2:09)
- How operations work in today’s market (5:07)
- Economic mobility in Africa (8:47)
- Why David is building Jabu full-stack (9:57)
- Africa’s physical infrastructure (12:35)
- The Jabu experience (15:14)
- Benefits Jabu stakeholders acquire (18:01)
- Cash-based economy (20:27)
- Advice for acting on financial opportunities (23:29)
- Underappreciating broadening the African supply chain (24:46)
- The future of Jabu (26:16)
- Speed round: favorite habits, biggest company building challenge, fondest founder memory (27:31)
Dynamo is a VC firm led by supply chain and mobility specialists that focus on seed-stage, enterprise startups. Find out more at: https://www.dynamo.vc/.